Monday 25 June 2012

Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner in Black :REVIEW

Horay! new eyeliner, and a new post. After my Make Up Forever Waterproof Eyeliner is running out, and its dry too *sob*, i decided to buy a new eyeliner. at least i'm ready to put it on when i needed to. Aaand the eyeliner is Tony Moly's Backstage Gel Eyeliner in Black!
i bought the black one, i take this pic under a yellow lamp, so it looks kinda brown here :)
To be honest, this is the first time i purchased a gel-type eyeliner. I always used liquid before. But starting to hate it 'cause it was easily smudged in my upper lid whenever i accidently opened my eyes before it went dry. that's how the things going if you have mono lids (or hooded lids), like me.

The texture is solid creamy-gel. The color is actually build-able, from blackest black, to grey-ish black, although it is buildable, I still recommend you to use black eyeshadow rather than this. Cause it looks fake for gradation purposes.

with water on top only
Waterproof? Let see if its really is..
If you pour a lot of water on it, it doesn't fade, but if you RUB it with water on top of it, well, the eyeliner will dissolve. In this picture, I rubbed it for about 20 times (haha I exceed the normal number of rubbing eyes, just to know how proof this eyeliner is) and it falls off.. But I'm still with it, who's gonna rub their eyes 20 times anyway? So we can imagine, if we cry and drop a lot of tears, it won't fade, but if we cry and WIPE the tears off our face continuously, I can't guarantee that the eyeliner still sits there..
with water on top, and then rubbed 20x
smudged hardly 30x

Is it smudgeproof? Yes, and I think this is the pro of this eyeliner, the picture above says I rubbed it without water 30 times, really hard, and still have the black-on. I have this bad habit of rubbing my eyes even if there's nothing on my eye, so i think i could use this whenever i'm aware enough.

The brush! OMG, the brush is a piece of yummy pie, lol. I mean, the brush is sooo soft and light, fits my hand, making me a lot easier while applying an eyeliner. Moreover, if I listen to greyson chance's paparazzi, hahaha *fangirl spotted*
The eyeliner it self is very smooth upon appliance, and glides on. Plus, the heavenly brush.. Equals incredible ease.


Oh yeah, the lasting power is great too. Remember my post about that ceremonial day and the EOTD? Yeah, I used this eyeliner. And the ceremony is about 6 hours. Without tears, and a bit of rubbing my eyes, I still come back with dense eyeliner on my eye!
Overall, i'm still loving it, because it is easy to apply. i find it easier when i use gel-type now.. NEW FOUND INTEREST~ 

+ Superb lasting (6 hours, or maybe more if you don't sweat or tears a lot)
+ a bit pricey, but worth it
+ very easy to apply
+ faint waterproof
+ impressive smudge proof

Tell me your thoughts, do you want to buy it? :) thanks for commenting!

5 comments:

  1. Hey :3
    Check out http://under-thebeauty.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award-3.html for your blog award

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooo,, really interesting with this thing for sure
    where did you bought it dear? and how much? thank youu

    come and see my blog if you have time ^^
    xoxo,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bought it in an online shop :)
      if i'm not mistaken, its about Rp. 130.000

      thanks for dropping by ^^

      Delete
  3. lol i think i'm not hte only one that gave you this liebster award

    anyways you can check mine out at my website

    http://chuxox.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. just bought it yesterday (bronze brown) and it IS amazing! I have tried a lot and I mean tons of waterproof eyeliners. But nothing is as amazing ang cheap as this one!! I just got myself MUFE and it wasn't that great! My eyes are very sensitive and water a lot and i mean constantly! But Tony Moly backstage gel liner is the only product that survived for 10 HOURS! Thanks for the review and helpful snaps! BTW I just bought the pearl black today, and I can't wait to try it tomorrow ! :)

    ReplyDelete